Full course description
- Course Name and Course Code: The Life of Yeshua, Part Four (BHD 104 T-1)
- Prerequisites Suggested: BHD 101, 102, 103
- Enrollment: This Tier 1 course is offered each Spring semester (Spring 2022: Jan 31 - June 5, 2022).
- Educational Level: Open to all levels (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Required Course for an ACB-MJS Degree: Yes
- Professor on the Video Lectures: Arnold Fruchtenbaum, Th.M.. Ph.D.
- Credits: 3 Credits (Enriched Educational Program)
Curriculum: 12 Modules, 7 hours of video presentations (with onscreen photos/maps/images), open-book exams, required readings, free pdf articles/resources, written assignments (not collected/graded in self-paced courses), and Bible memory verses.
Expiration/Course Completion Deadline: This is a Tier One course so the course must be completed in 16 weeks and follows the semester system for ACB-MJS Tier One courses. There are firm deadlines for assignments which will be provided to you by the instructor. While the course is 16 weeks, you do have access to the course content for one year (365 days from date of original purchase).
Smmary Description: This course covers Yeshua' arrest, trials, crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension. One-third of content of the Gospels focus on Yeshua’s final week! This is the final course of the four part series on the Life of Yeshua. HE IS RISEN !
- Fruchtenbaum, Arnold. Ariel’s Harmony of the Gospels. San Antonio, TX: Ariel Ministries, 2016.
- Fruchtenbaum, Arnold. Yeshua: The Life of Messiah from a Messianic Jewish Perspective, Volume 4.San Antonio, TX: Ariel Ministries, 2018.
- Schnabel, Eckhard J. Jesus in Jerusalem: The Last Days. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 2018.
- Varner, William. Passionate about the Passion Week: A Fresh Look at Jesus’ Last Days. Dallas, TX: Fontes Press, 2020.
- Baker, Todd D. Matthew 27:25: “His Blood Be On Us.” Are the Jewish People Racially Condemned for The Death of Christ? Bloomington, IN: iUniverse, Inc., 2008.
- There will be other resources provided for students at no charge who sign up for this course (e.g. journal articles and online resources).
- Information on ordering books is provided after you purchase the course in Module #1.
§165: The Arrest; §166: The Trial before Annas
§167: The Trial Before Caiaphas and the Sanhedrin
Module 1-2 Exam
Module #3 –
§168: The Denial by Peter; §169-170: The Beating; The First Mockery; The Condemnation by the Sanhedrin; §171: The Death of Judas
Module #4 –
§172: The First Trial before Pilate; §173: The Trial before Herod Antipas; The Second Mockery
Module #5 –
§174: The Second Trial before Pilate; The Third Mockery; §175: The Fourth Mockery
Module 3-5 Exam
Module #6 –
§176: The Procession to Calvary; §177: The First Three Hours: The Wrath of Men
Module #7 –
§178: The Second Three Hours; §179: The Accompanying Signs
Module #8 –
§180: The Burial of the Messiah; §181: The Sealing of the Tomb; Additional Comments
Module 6-8 Exam
Module #9 –
§182: The Dawning of Resurrection Day Four; §183-§185: The Opening of the Tomb; The Visit of the Women, The Report to the Apostles; §186-§187: The First Appearance to Miriam Magdalit; The Second Appearance to the Women; §188: The Report of the Guard
Module #10 –
§189-§195: The Third to Ninth Appearances
Module 9-10 Exam
Module #11 –
§196: The Tenth Appearance: To the Eleven
Module #12 –
§197: The Ascension of the King; §198-§201: The Sequels
Module 11-12 Exam