Tier 1 - The Life of Yeshua, Part Two (BHD 102): Enriched is a Course
Tier 1 - The Life of Yeshua, Part Two (BHD 102): Enriched
Ended May 27, 2023
Full course description
- Course Name and Course Code: The Life of Yeshua, Part Two (BHD 102 T-1)
- Prerequisites: BHD 101
- Enrollment: This Tier 1 course is offered each Spring semester (Spring 2022: Jan 31 - June 5, 2022).
- Educational Level: Open to all levels (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Required Course for an ACB-MJS Degree: Yes
- Professor(s) in Lectures: Arnold Fruchtenbaum, Th.M.. Ph.D.
- Credits: 3 Credits
- Required Textbooks:
- The Bible
- Yeshua: The Life of Messiah from a Messianic Jewish Perspective – Volume 2 by Arnold Fruchtenbaum [Note – Be sure to get the full, unabridged edition of this book, NOT the abridged edition]
- Ariel’s Harmony of the Gospels by Arnold Fruchtenbaum
- Please get the most updated edition of each book. For additional required books and resources for this course and how to order books, please consult the course syllabus. After you purchase the course you will have access to the course syllabus.
- Course Format: 100% Online. This is a Tier One, Enriched Educational Course. It is a full-credit course. Students are required to do all reading, assigments, and exams.
- Curriculum: 25 Modules, 10.5 hours of video presentations, open-book exams, required readings, pdf articles/resources, written assignments and Bible memory verses.
- Expiration/Course Completion Deadline: This is a semester-based,16 week course. The instructor provides due dates on assignments and exams. Students will have access to the course for 365 days from the date of purchase but must complete it in 16 weeks following the deadlines set by the instructor.
- This course opens with the beginning of Yeshua’s public ministry.
- It analyzes the role His miracles were to play as signs to Israel – to bring the Jewish people to the point of decision about His Messianic claims and proclamations.
- The work moves on the dealing with Yeshua’s authority over, conflict with, and repudiation of Pharisaic Judaism, which led to the rejection of His Messiahship.
- This course concludes with Yeshua’s journey to Jerusalem in preparation for the Feasts of Tabernacles.
- This is the second course in the sequence of four courses examining the life of Yeshua the Messiah from a Messianic Jewish perspective.
The Authentication of the King: Acceptance of His Person [§28-37]
- Module 1. Introduction, §28: The Belief by the First Disciples, §29: Belief Through the First Miracle, and §30:The Sojourn in Capernaum
- Module 2. §31: The First Possession of the Temple
- Module 3. §32-33: Acceptance in Judea
- Module 4. §34: Yochanan’s Witness, §35: Yochanan’s Imprisonment, §36: Acceptance in Samaria, §37: The acceptance in Galilee
- Module 1-4 Exam
The Authentication of the King: The Authority of the King [§38-46]
- Module 5. §38: Messiah’s Authority to Preach, §39: The Messiah’s Authority to Heal, – §40: The Initial Rejection in Nazareth
- Module 6. §41: The Headquarters in Capernaum, §42: Messiah’s Authority over Demons, §43: Messiah’s Authority over Disease
- Module 7. §44: Messiah’s Authority to Preach, §45: Messiah’s Authority over Nature, §46: Messiah’s Authority over Defilement
- Module 5-7 Exam
The Authentication of the King: The Authority of the King [§47-54]
- Module 8. §47: The Messiah’s Authority to Forgive Sin, §48: Messiah’s Authority over Men, §49: Messiah’s Authority over Tradition
- Module 9. §50: Messiah’s Authority over the Sabbath: Part One (a-e)
- Module 10. §51-52: Messiah’s Authority over the Sabbath: Part Two (f and g), §53: Messiah’s Authority to Heal, §54: The Choosing of the Twelve
- Module 8-10 Exam
The Authentication of the King: The Authority of the King [§55-57]
- Module 11. §55: Messiah’s Authority to Interpret the Law: Part One (a to d)
- Module 12. §55: Messiah’s Authority to Interpret the Law: Part Two (e to h)
- Module 13. §56: Recognition of Authority in Capernaum, §57: Recognition of Authority Throughout the Land
- Module 11-13 Exam
The Controversy over the King [§58-73]
- Module 14. §58: The Rejection of the Herald, §59: Curses on Galilee, §60: The Reception by a Sinner, §61:The Witness to the King to Women
- Module 15. §62: The Rejection of the King by the Leaders: Part One – The Unpardonable Sin
- Module 16. §63: The Rejection of the King by the Leaders: Part Two – The New Policy Concerning Signs
- Module 17. §64: Revelation in View of the Rejection: Part One -The Course of the Kingdom Program in the Present Age
- Module 18. §65: The Repudiation of all Earthly Relations, §66 The course of the Kingdom Program in the Present Age, §67 Power over Nature, §68:Power over Demons §69: Power of disease and Death
- Module 19. §70: Power over Blindness §71:The Final Rejection in Natzeret, §72:Witness in View of Rejection, §73:The Death of the Herald
- Module 14-19 Exam
The Training of the Twelve by the King – [§74-98]
- Module 20. §74: The Feeding of the Five Thousand, §75: Messiah’s Rejection of the Galileans’ Offer to Make Him King, §76: The Training Through the Storm, §77: The Reception in Gennesaret, §78: Instruction Concerning the Bread of Life
- Module 21. §79: Instruction Concerning Defilement
- Module 22. §80: The Reception in Tyre and Sidon, §81: The Reception in Decapolis, §82: The Rejection in Magadan, §83: The Warning Against Rejection, §84: The Healing of the Blind Man, §85: The Confession of Peter
- Module 23. §86: Instruction Concerning the Death of the King, §87-88: Instruction Concerning the Kingdom, §89: Instruction Concerning Elijah
- Module 24. §90 Instruction Concerning Faith, §91: Instruction Concerning the Death of the King, §92:Instruction Concerning Sonship, Instruction §93:Concerning Humility, §94: Instruction Concerning Exclusiveness and Pride
- Module 25. Additional Aspects of the Prologue
- Module 20-25 Exam