Full course description
"The Epistle to the Hebrews, one of the most important books of the New Testament. It contains some of the chief doctrines of the faith.To study it is to partake of strong spiritual meat. To abide in its teachings is to be led from immaturity to maturity in the knowledge of biblical truth and of Messiah Himself."
The four points above were stated by E. Schuyler and a fitting way to honor this Epistle. This is a great course that could make a huge impact on your walk with the Lord.
- Course Title: The Book of Hebrews
- Course Code: BHD 107 - T3
- Prerequisites: None
- Educational Level: Open to all levels
- Professor in the Lectures: Arnold Fruchtenbaum, Th.M.. Ph.D.
- Lectures: 10 hours of high quality, closed-studio video lecture presentations
- Credits: 0
CLICK ON THE ARROW IN THE VIDEO BELOW
- The Bible
- Fruchtenbaum, Arnold G. The Messianic Jewish Epistles: Hebrews, James, First Peter, Second Peter, Jude. 1st ed. Tustin, CA: Ariel Ministries, 2005.
- Allen, David L. Hebrews, The New American Commentary. Nashville, TN: B & H Publishing Group, 2010.
Please get the most updated edition of each book. For free resources for this course (e.g. articles and other pdf files) and how to order the textbooks, please consult the course syllabus. After you purchase the course you will have access to the course syllabus
Module #1 – Introduction to the Book of Hebrews
Module #2 – The Theme (1:1-3) and The Superiority of the Son to Angels (1:4-2:18)
Module #3 – The Superiority of the Son to Moses (3:1-6) and The Second Warning:
Parenthetical Warning on the Danger of Disobedience (3:7-4:13)
Unit 1 Exam
Module #4 – The Superiority of the Son to Aaron:
A Better Position (4:14-16)
A Better Priest: The Prerequisites of Priesthood (5:1-4)
A Better Priest: The Qualification of the Son (5:5-10)
Module #5 – The Third Warning (5:11-6:20):
The Fact of Stagnation (5:11-14)
The Need for Progression (6:1-8)
The Certainty of Salvation (6:9-20)
Module #6 – The Priesthood of Melchizekek (7:1-28)
Module #7 – A Better Covenant (8:1-13)
A Better Sanctuary (9:1-10)
Module #8 – A Better Sacrifice (9:11-10:18)
Unit 2 Exam
Module #9 – Exhortations—Warning—Encouragement (10:19-39)
The Evidence of the Life of Faith (11:1-40)
Module #10 – The Exhortation to Endurance of Faith - 12:1-29
Concluding Exhortations - 13:1-25
Unit 3 Exam