Full course description
- Course Name and Course Code: The Life of Yeshua, Part Two (BHD 102 T-3)
- Prerequisites: None for Tier 3 students
- Educational Level: Open to all levels (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Professor(s) in Lectures: Arnold Fruchtenbaum, Th.M.. Ph.D.
- Credits: 0 Credits (this is a non-credit, audit only course)
- The Bible
- Yeshua: The Life of Messiah from a Messianic Jewish Perspective – Volume 2 by Arnold Fruchtenbaum [Note – Be sure to get the full, unabridged edition of this book, NOT the abridged edition]
- Ariel’s Harmony of the Gospels by Arnold Fruchtenbaum
- Please get the most updated edition of each book. For additional required books and resources for this course and how to order books, please consult the course syllabus. After you purchase the course you will have access to the course syllabus.
- Course Format: 100% Online. This is a Tier Three, non-credit course. Students are not required to do reading, assigments, or exams.
- Curriculum: 25 Modules, 10.5 hours of video presentations, open-book exams, required readings, pdf articles/resources, written assignments and Bible memory verses.
- Expiration/Course Completion Deadline: Students will have access to the course for 365 days from the date of purchase.
- This course opens with the beginning of Yeshua’s public ministry.
- It analyzes the role His miracles were to play as signs to Israel – to bring the Jewish people to the point of decision about His Messianic claims and proclamations.
- The work moves on the dealing with Yeshua’s authority over, conflict with, and repudiation of Pharisaic Judaism, which led to the rejection of His Messiahship.
- This course concludes with Yeshua’s journey to Jerusalem in preparation for the Feasts of Tabernacles.
- This is the second course in the sequence of four courses examining the life of Yeshua the Messiah from a Messianic Jewish perspective.
Unit 1: The Authentication of the King: Acceptance of His Person [§28-37]
Module #1 – Introduction, §28: The Belief by the First Disciples, §29: Belief Through
the First Miracle, and §30:The Sojourn in Capernaum
Module #2 – §31: The First Possession of the Temple
Module #3 – §32-33: Acceptance in Judea
Module #4 - §34: Yochanan’s Witness, §35: Yochanan’s Imprisonment, §36:
Acceptance in Samaria, §37: The acceptance in Galilee
Unit 1 Exam
Unit 2: The Authentication of the King: The Authority of the King - Part One (list 1-9) [§38-46]
Module #5 – §38: Messiah’s Authority to Preach, §39: The Messiah’s Authority to
Heal, – §40: The Initial Rejection in Nazareth
Module #6 – §41: The Headquarters in Capernaum, §42: Messiah’s Authority over
Demons, §43: Messiah’s Authority over Disease
Module #7 – §44: Messiah’s Authority to Preach, §45: Messiah’s Authority over
Nature, §46: Messiah’s Authority over Defilement
Unit 2 Exam
Unit 3: The Authentication of the King: The Authority of the King - Part Two (list 10-15) [§47-54]
Module #8 – §47: The Messiah’s Authority to Forgive Sin, §48: Messiah’s Authority
over Men, §49: Messiah’s Authority over Tradition
Module #9 – §50: Messiah’s Authority over the Sabbath: Part One (a-e)
Module #10 – §51-52: Messiah’s Authority over the Sabbath: Part Two (f and g),
§53: Messiah’s Authority to Heal, §54: The Choosing of the Twelve
Unit 3 Exam
Unit 4: The Authentication of the King: The Authority of the King- Part Three (list 16-18) [§55-57]
Module #11 - §55: Messiah’s Authority to Interpret the Law: Part One (a to d)
Module #12 - §55: Messiah’s Authority to Interpret the Law: Part Two (e to h)
Module #13 - §56: Recognition of Authority in Capernaum, §57: Recognition of
Authority Throughout the Land
Unit 4 Exam
Unit 5: The Controversy over the King: The Rejection of the Herald, Curses on Galilee, The Reception by a Sinner, The Witness to the King to Women, The Rejection of the King by the Leader, Revelation in View of Rejection [§58-73]
Module #14 – §58: The Rejection of the Herald, §59: Curses on Galilee, §60: The
Reception by a Sinner, §61:The Witness to the King to Women
Module #15 – §62: The Rejection of the King by the Leaders: Part One – The
Module #16 – §63: The Rejection of the King by the Leaders: Part Two– The New
Policy Concerning Signs
Module #17 - §64: Revelation in View of the Rejection: Part One -The Course of
the Kingdom Program in the Present Age
Module #18 - §65: The Repudiation of all Earthly Relations, §66 The course of the
Kingdom Program in the Present Age, §67 Power over Nature,
§68:Power over Demons §69: Power of disease and Death,
Module #19 -§70: Power over Blindness §71:The Final Rejection in Natzeret,
§72:Witness in View of Rejection, §73:The Death of the Herald
Unit 5 Exam
Unit 6: The Training of the Twelve by the King – [§74-98]
Module #20 – §74: The Feeding of the Five Thousand, §75: Messiah’s Rejection of
the Galileans’ Offer to Make Him King, §76: The Training Through
the Storm, §77: The Reception in Gennesaret, §78: Instruction
Concerning the Bread of Life
Module #21 – §79: Instruction Concerning Defilement are
Module #22 – §80: The Reception in Tyre and Sidon, §81: The Reception in
Decapolis, §82 The Rejection in Magadan, §83: The Warning Against
Rejection, §84:The Healing of the Blind Man, §85: The Confession of
Module #23 - §86: Instruction Concerning the Death of the King, §87-88:
Instruction Concerning the Kingdom, §89: Instruction Concerning
Module #24 - §90 Instruction Concerning Faith, §91: Instruction Concerning the
Death of the King, §92:Instruction Concerning Sonship, Instruction
§93:Concerning Humility, §94: Instruction Concerning Exclusiveness
Module #25 - §95: Instruction Concerning Forgiveness, §96:The Challenge by the
Brothers, §97: The Journey to Jerusalem, §98: Instruction
Unit 6 Exam