Full course description
- Course Title: The Books of Jacob/James, 1st and 2nd Peter, and Jude: The Messianic Jewish Epistles, Part Two.
- Course Code: BHD 107 - T4
- Prerequisites: None (BHD 106 recommended)
- Educational Level: Open to all levels
- Professor in the Lectures: Arnold Fruchtenbaum, Th.M.. Ph.D.
- Lectures: 11 hours of high quality, closed-studio video lecture presentations
- Credits: 0 Credits for Tier 4
- Tier 4 courses only contain the course lectures, no other content or curriculum.
This is the second of two courses covering the Messianic Jewish Epistles. These short, but very important epistles are rarely, if ever, taught from a Messianic Jewish perspective, yet the authors of these epistles and the original recipients of these epistles were Jewish believers in Yeshua (Jesus). In addition to teaching these books of the Bible from a Messianic Jewish perspective, we will provide a verse-by-verse exposition that will fully cover the important doctrinal and theological truths each contains.
The Book of James: Introduction through James 2:13
- Module #1 – Introduction and James 1:1
- Module #2 – The Endurance of Faith 1:2-18
- Module #3 – The Role of God’s Word 1:19-27
- Module #4 – Respect of Persons 2:1-13
The Book of James: Chapter 2:14 to 5:20
- Module #5 – Faith Proves Itself Through Works 2:14-26,
- Module #6 – The Control of the Tongue 3:1-18
- Module #7 – Danger of Friendship with the World 4:1-12 and Warning in Light of Judgment (4:13-5:6)
- Module #8 – The Life to Lead Until the Lord Returns 5:7-20
The Book of 1st Peter
- Module #9 – Introduction and 1st Peter 1:1-2
- Module #10 – The Status of the Believers 1:3-2:10
- Module #11 – The Conduct of the Believers 2:11-4:11
- Module #12 – Sufferers are Partakers of the Glory to Come 4:12-5:11 and the Concluding Salutation and Benediction 5:12-14
The Book of 2nd Peter
- Module #13 – Introduction and 2nd Peter 1:1-2 and the Exhortation to Grow in the Spiritual Life 1:3-21
- Module #14a – The Warning Against False Teachers 2:1-22
- Module #14b- The Warning Concerning the Second Coming, Concluding Exhortations, and the Benediction 3:1-18
The Book of Jude
- Module #15 – Introduction, Jude 1-2 and the Warning Against False Teachers 3-16
- Module #16 – The Warning Against Scoffers 17-19, The Obligations of the Believers 20-23, and the Benediction 24-25