Full course description
Course Title: The Book of Acts
- Course Code: BHD 105 T-4
- Discipline: The The B’rit Hadasha – N.T. Biblical Studies
- Prerequisites: None
- Instructor: Dr. Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum
- Length: 16 Modules with about 20+ hours of video lectures
- Tier: Tier 4 courses only include the course video lectures, no other course materials or curriculum. Students have 365 days from the original date of purchase to access the course lectures.
The book of Acts is an exciting and valuable biographical account of the first followers of Yeshua the Jewish Messiah and the first thirty years of history of the kehillah, the ekklēsia, the Church, the body of the Messiah.
It records the enormous success of the apostles who, in the power of their God, started spreading the Good News of the Jewish Messiah first throughout the Jewish and later throughout the non-Jewish world.
Opening with the resurrected Yeshua training His disciples, the book naturally follows the description of the life of the Messiah in the Gospels, and especially the Gospel of Luke. The first 15 chapters and chapter 21 of Acts are particularly relevant to the Scriptures’ Jewish frame of reference in general and the Messianic Jewish community in particular.
Click on the arrow in the video below to begin viewing the short sample lecture:
· Module 1 – Introduction: Title, Author, Language, Importance, Features, etc.
· Module 2 – The Introduction to the Book of Acts: 1:1-26
· Module 3 - The Day of Pentecost and the Birth of the Church: Acts 2:1 to 2:47
· Module 4 – The Witness of Peter and John, and the Second Sermon of Peter: Acts 3:1 to 4:31
· Module 5 – The Story of Ananias and Sapphira and the Second Persecution of the Church Acts: 4:32-5:42
· Module 6 – The Story of Stephen: Acts 6:1 – 8:4
· Module 7 – The Story of Phillip and the Salvation of Saul: Acts 8:5 to 9:31
· Module 8 – The Story of Cornelius: Acts 9:32 to 11:18
· Module 9 – The Church of Antioch and the Fourth Persecution of the Jerusalem Church: Acts 11:19 to 12:25
· Module 10 - The First Missionary Journey: Acts 13:1 to 14:28
· Module 11 – The Jerusalem Council and the Start of the Second Missionary Journey: Acts 15:1 to 16:40
· Module 12 – The Second Missionary Journey: Acts 17:1 to 18:22
· Module 13 – The Third Missionary Journey: Acts 18:23 to 20:38
· Module 14 – Paul’s Imprisonment in Jerusalem: Acts 21:1 to 23:35
· Module 15 – Paul’s Imprisonment in Caesarea: Acts 24:1 to 26:32
· Module 16 – Paul’s Journey to Rome, Acts 27:1 to 28:31