Tier 4 - The Books of Judges and Ruth (TNK 202 T-4)
Time limit: 365 days
Full course description
Course Title: The Books of Judges and Ruth (TNK 202 T-4)
- ✡Course Code: TNK 202 T-4
- ✡Discipline: The Tanakh – Old Testament Biblical Studies
- ✡Prerequisites: None
- ✡Instructor in the Video Lectures: Dr. Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum
- ✡Video Lectures: 27 video lecture presentations, a total of 14 hours
- ✡Tier 4: Tier 4 courses provide access to all of the course video lecture presentations but no other course content.
- ✡Credits: No credits
This course is a verse-by-verse teaching exposition through the books of Judges and Ruth. The Book of Judges describes the military and spiritual struggles of the people as they try to settle the Promised Land, how they became more and more "Canaanized" and less and less Israelite, and the contrast between God’s covenantal faithfulness and Israel’s covenantal unfaithfulness.
The Book of Ruth details the faithfulness of God in His work of loving, superintending, and providentially caring for His people. It shows how God rescued Elimelech’s family from extinction and how Elimelech’s family triumphed over tragedy, leading to the birth of David, a rightful heir to the kingship of Israel.